Admission – Københavns Universitet

Videresend til en ven Resize Print Bookmark and Share

SUFONAMA > FAQ > Admission


Question: What are the language requirements to join the programme?
Answer: All students will have to document English proficiency. We accept either IELTS (6.5) or TOEFL tests (min. 560 in paper-based test or IBT 83). If you are a native speaker of English or have completed your BSc degree in English, no formal test is required.

The language test must be sent directly from the testing centre

Read more about admission requirements under how to apply
For TOEFL the institutional code is 0177; for IELTS please provide the test center with the exact address of the Erasmus Mundus Secretariat. Alternatively, a certified copy of the test can be included with the application. Language tests must not be older than 2 years at the time of submission of the application.

Exemption from language tests: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Cameroon, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, England, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, Montserrat, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Scotland, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, USA, Vanuatu, Wales, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

However, proof of English as medium of instruction must be provided by your university.


Question: How much money is an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
Answer: More information about the scholarships is available here.

Question: When do I receive the first instalment?
Answer: You will receive the first instalment in cash immediately upon arrival to your first year institution. Instalments are not transferred prior to departure.

Question: Are there any other sources of funding available?
Answer: The Secretariat has compiled a list of relevant sources. Please consult the website for Alternative Sources of Funding.

Question: Can I get accepted as a fee-paying student?
Answer: Yes! If the Erasmus Mundus Commission evaluates your application positively, you can pay the participation costs yourself and join the programme.

Question: When do I have to pay participation costs?
Answer: The costs needs to be paid in full by the 1st of July for your first study year and 1st of July the following year. The Secretariat will forward an invoice including bank information.

Question: What will be the estimated costs of living in Europe?
Answer: The estimated costs are EUR 800 per month. The Student Handbook contains an overview of expenses and a student budget according to host institution.

Question: How can third-country students and scholars obtain a visa to study in Europe on an Erasmus Mundus Course?
Answer: Once third-country students and scholars have received a letter of admission from their first year institution, you must apply for a visa in your home country at the embassies of the respective European countries, which are involved in the Master Course. Scholars will receive a letter of confirmation as well as a letter of invitation from the host institution.

Question: When can I expect to receive my visa?
Answer: It generally takes 10-12 weeks to process a complete application. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you start the application process as soon as you receive your admission letter. The delay after handing in the complete application will be approximately 8 weeks

Question: From which date is my residence permit valid?
Answer: You residence permit is valid two weeks before study start.


Question: Do I need to purchase an insurance?
Answer: All students who receive an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship are covered by a complementary sickness and accident insurance. All other students following an Erasmus Mundus Master course and third-country visiting teachers and researchers have to take out their own insurance as necessary.

Question: How do I find accommodation?
Answer: Your host institution will assist you in finding accommodation. You will receive instructions and an application form for housing with your letter of admission.

Question: Who arranges and pays for my travel?
Answer: Unfortunately, the Secretariat is not able to assist you in your travel arrangements. Therefore, you must take care of booking tickets yourself. Travel expenses are included in the scholarship (but scholarship instalments will not be transferred to you before your arrival).